Friday 8 October 2010

Come On In...



Ooo I wish this was my very own home that I was showing you round! I have never ever walked into a building and immediately felt so 'at home"' (wishful thinking) and relaxed. It may have something to do with the sheer relief of finally being away on holiday but I think there is something very special about life at "The Mission", the atmosphere is so special, 'chiled' is the only word that springs to mind.



We made a deal on the journey, well, to be honest, I begged and begged to be able to take photos of the place before we unpacked, before the flotsam and jetsam of holiday luggage took over, You don't really want to be seeing our kagools, flip flops and wellies all over the place do you?



One photo I wish I had been able to take was our faces when we walked through those big red doors... We felt as if we had stumbled upon a photo shoot...



so unlike our own home, very 'grown up'. We squealed as we ran from room to room, marvelling at the rooms and the detail.



Kitsch, retro, eclectic, vintage but so so so comfortable.



We had booked this wonderful place for a week.



A last minute cancellation meant that this gorgeous home, intended for eight, was ours.



The four of us in this huge building,





daughters sleeping in what was the old Sunday school building attached to the Mission Hall,





us sleeping upstairs in the wonderful white cube in the centre of the beautiful wooden hall.



We danced around the sofas, Big Sister singing Ella Fitzgerald at the top of her voice,



we cosied up on the sofas around the woodburning stove (no, we weren't blessed with the best of weather, but you can't have it all).



We battled on the table football, determined to beat Mr Roses.



We took turns reclining underneath the icons,



posing on the old cinema seats.



making a feast of every meal.



We sat curled up on cosy chairs and read (what a treat that was)



We played games



In short, we had fun, good old fun, together as a family.



Thank you Helen and thank you Mr Roses
x

20 comments:

bellaboo said...

I think that's the most exciting bit..when you open the door to your holiday home for the first time and rush round exploring..and oohing and ahhing!
What an amazing place you stayed in...really lovely! :o)

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Absolutely FAB !! as Patsy or Edina would say..
I don't think it would matter a jot if it rained for a week.. I could find so much to entertain my curious mind at The Mission.
Glad you had a good hols my friend and this time it was a case of Mission Possible! Groan!

Dot xx

dottycookie said...

Oh my, that looks liken heaven!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh it's lovely.

Petit Filoux said...

looks absolutely lovely!!!

loveandlilac said...

I wouldn't be fussed about the weather staying somewhere so fab - I'd never want to leave! Louise x

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

WOW!
How wonderful...what an idylic retreat and as you say it looks like a photo shoot. Lucky You!
Love the photo's and especially your views from the stained glass window. I would be fantastic loving if you would play along with TUESDAY THROUGH...THE WINDOW come on over and join in next week or whenever if you like to...No pressure lol!
Have a wonderful weekend
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie
x

Pipany said...

Isn't ti a relief when you open the doors and the place is ok? This place is so much more than that though Kim. Take me next time please! x

julie said...

thanks for the tour round. It looks absolutely wonderful - sounds like the perfect holiday as well, weather aside, but then if it was glorious, you probably would have wanted to be outside all the time and wouldn't have been able to enjoy the home as much (or is that just being too Pollyanna for words ?!)

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful Kim! I would think a little bad weather would just add to the charm!

Karen said...

What a place, Kim. Sorry you didn't have good weather but just being there must have been amazing and all that room to spread yourselves out. I see you had an Agatha on the go! Karen X

Twiggy said...

We always stay in holiday cottages and stayed in a lovely quaint place this year. Your place is lovely, it's so exciting, discovering it all and staying somewhere new.
twiggy x

Ticking stripes said...

Wonderful - I've already popped over to the website to check out their other options too. Thanks for the introduction!

Lisa said...

Wow and double wow! You certainly found a perfect location for your hols!Just been over to the website for a nosy, they do everything so well.
You were just a hop skip and jump away from me if you got the ferry from Southampton!
Lisa x

silverpebble said...

It looks absolutely perfect Kim. What a treat to stay in such a beautifully styled place.

A Bookish Space said...

Wow, what a breathtaking holiday home :o)

Gina said...

It looks perfect.

Garden Girl said...

oh Kim, how exciting!! I have Mission Envy, having seen this place advertised on their website-it looks amazing, and am so pleased it lives up to it's reputation as being such a cool place to go on holiday.
Glad you managed to have a well deserved break-and the rain at least meant a good excuse to sit by that fab wood burning stove!xx

Louise said...

Great you finally managed a break away. I bet you didn't want to leave. I don't think I would have made it outside. I would have been too busy going round the place seeing what I could uncover! x

ankle wellies said...

Oh my, that looks liken heaven!